Kubica and Massa play down Ferrari rumours
15 April, 2010
Apr.15 (GMM) Robert Kubica and Felipe Massa on Thursday played down the rumours about their respective futures.
With Brazilian Massa’s Ferrari contract set to expire, it is suggested that Kubica, 25, could be drafted in from Renault to be his friend Fernando Alonso’s teammate in 2011 and beyond.
The speculation has gained even more pace given the Pole’s impressive start to this season, but he said in China: “I don’t think for any seconds or any minutes about next year.
“There were rumours about Ferrari last year, and now there are rumours again this year. So far, the rumours have only been rumours,” added Kubica.
Some sections of the media have touted the possibility of a new three-year contract for 28-year-old Massa, who has been with Ferrari since 2006.
But Italian sources have suggested the Kubica rumours might be true, and when asked about his talks with Ferrari Massa said on Thursday: “I think there’s really no rush for the moment.
“Even before my accident last year, some talks started to renew the contract, and those talks have started again.
“I’m really not in a rush to do that. Improving race by race and fighting for the championship is more on my mind,” he added.