Prost appointed Renault brand ambassador
26 February, 2012
Feb.26 (Renault Sport) More than 30 years after the start of the relationship between the four-time F1 champion and Renault, the two partners have decided to give a new dimension to their collaborative effort.
By accepting the role of brand ambassador, Alain Prost will place all his technical expertise, professionalism and influence at the service of Renault and its products. Throughout the year he will take part as a Renault driver in sports demonstrations and also as a representative at events organized or attended by Renault.
“Renault’s history is intimately linked to that of motorsport and I have a deep attachment to the brand, with which I achieved some of the greatest successes in my sporting career, Prost said. I accepted this mission with pleasure and I intend to accomplish it with professionalism.”
“We are delighted that Alain Prost has accepted the role as our brand ambassador. Carlos Tavares, Renault Chief Operating Officer remarked. As a four-time Formula 1 champion renowned the world over for his technical expertise, Alain is without a doubt one of the most demanding ‘customers’ that Renault has ever had! He is the best-qualified personality for talking about the progress made by Renault in the last few years on quality, technological innovation and performance.”
A brief history:
- 1976: Formula Renault French champion.
- 1977: Formula Renault European champion.
- 1981: Formula 1 driver for Renault-Elf Team. First podium finish at the Argentine Grand Prix. First victory at French Grand Prix.
- 1982: Victory in first two Grand Prix races of the season, fourth-ranked driver.
- 1983: Second in Formula 1 drivers’ championship.
- 1993: World F1 Champion with Williams-Renault.
- 2009: First Trophée d’Andros race in Dacia Duster.
- 2012: Victory in Trophée d’Andros at the wheel of Dacia Lodgy “Glace”.