FIA publishes 20 race 2013 F1 world championship calendar
28 September, 2012
New Jersey has been penciled in for June 16 next year, subject to confirmation.
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has previously raised doubts about New Jersey, a race with the New York city skyline as a backdrop, when he said this week that organisers had not complied with the terms and conditions of the contract that had now lapsed.
Promoters for the race issued a statement on Friday welcoming the date and without mentioning any problems.
Spain, gripped by the Euro zone debt crisis, will have only one race instead of two, with a grand prix in Barcelona on May 12. Valencia, which had hosted the European Grand Prix in the port area, has agreed to alternate.
The season will start in Australia on March 17 and end in Brazil on Nov. 24.
Six pairs of races, all long-haul destinations from Europe, will be on back-to-back weekends.
- March 17 – Australia (Melbourne)
- March 24 – Malaysia (Sepang)
- April 14 – China (Shanghai)
- April 21 – Bahrain
- May 12 – Spain (Barcelona)
- May 26 – Monaco
- June 9 – Canada (Montreal)
- June 16 – New Jersey (to be confirmed)
- June 30 – Britain (Silverstone)
- July 14 – Germany (circuit to be confirmed)
- July 28 – Hungary (Budapest)
- Aug 25 – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
- Sept 08 – Italy (Monza)
- Sept 22 – Singapore
- Oct 6 – South Korea (Yeongam)
- Oct 13 – Japan (Suzuka)
- Oct 27 – India (Noida)
- Nov 3 – Abu Dhabi
- Nov 17 – USA (Austin)
- Nov 24 – Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)
Subbed by AJN.