Grand Prix International #52
11 January, 2013
Sergio Perez started his career with McLaren this week, arriving at the team’s Woking headquarters in a bright orange MP4-12C. A big step for the young Mexican and possibly a new era for the team he is joining, with Jenson Button leading the squad in the aftermath of Lewis Hamilton’s defection to Mercedes.
We have both sagas well covered in this edition along with some interesting sound bites from the usual suspects at Ferrari, Gerard Lopez talking about Kimi Raikkonen and a fascinating look back at 1955 when the Silver Arrows endured a year of triumph and tragedy before pulling out of Formula 1 for over half a century.
In this issue:
- Perez’s first day at McLaren
- Hamilton the renaissance man
- Lauda no compromise
- Dennis on Hamilton’s departure
- Marko no bull
- Domenicali on the importance of the early races
- Montezemolo on Alonso, Vettel and Massa
- Perez wants drivers not robots
- Grosjean cannot repeat the mistakes of last year
- 1955 a year of triumph and tragedy for Mercedes
- Big Picture: Perez career highlights