Mercedes: Fantastic achievement from the team
7 February, 2013
Nico Rosberg completed a successful third day of pre-season testing for Mercedes AMG Petronas today in Jerez, Spain.
Following a difficult start to the week with limited mileage, Nico was today able to complete a total of 655 km – over two race distances – to make good progress through the team’s test items.
- Nico’s work today focused on reliability running to put mileage on the car and aerodynamic evaluations
- Nico ran the medium and hard compounds throughout the day, setting his fastest time on the medium tyres
- He evaluated a new front wing design this morning and ran with the new parts throughout the afternoon.
- His total number of laps exceeded the highest single-day total from last year’s pre-season test in Jerez
- (132 laps for Michael Schumacher on 8 February 2012 in the 2011 car)
- Nico also completed pit-stop practice during the final hour of today’s running
Nico Rosberg: I’m very happy with today and I think it was probably a personal record for me to do almost 150 laps. I’ve never been so well prepared physically as I am this season; I feel on top form and it was no problem to complete the programme. To drive the distance from Silverstone to Spa in one day with no problems whatsoever is a fantastic achievement from the team. It really made up for the last two days and put a smile on everybody’s face. In terms of driving the car, I have a good feeling, I can push it and feel comfortable – but obviously we still have plenty of work to do to continue improving.
Lewis Hamilton will complete the fourth and final day of the test tomorrow.